Thursday, September 15, 2016

Chaos! Raqs Synister & Halloween weddings!

Right now, my life can be summed up in one word, chaos. My better half just went back to work after 4 days of PTO time to de-stress. Next Friday begins more PTO time as we head to Concord for Raqs Synister: Classic Horror! I'm so excited to see my Concord family. It's been a whole year since I've been with my people. That's about 8 months too long.

I'm in the throes of doing playlists for my girlfriends Halloween wedding. She gave me a list of songs for the ceremony and I'm putting together the music for the reception. She decided the other night that she wants a dark love song played in the middle of the ceremony. Now, what *I* would personally use is probably not appropriate. I see love where others just don't if they don't listen to the music I do all.the.time. This was really my first choice.




How fucking sexy is that? It was only when I listened that I realized the lyrics: "And no fucking mortal lover will take you from my waiting arms". So that one probably needs to wait for reception and not be in the actual ceremony. 

So I sent her a couple of links to others that will work, I think. If they don't make it into the ceremony then to the reception they go!


This one has long been a favorite of mine. I'm just not sure how she'll feel about it.

And this one is one that has a lot more meaning to me than most realize. However, I'm willing to share it with her if she wants!
 


Anyway, she has several requests for the reception and I have a bunch of ideas for songs, too. I absolutely LOVE doing these sorts of things.Were it my wedding I'd probably toss in some My Dying Bride and some Cradle of Filth.

I've also got to get Raqs Synister pre-show music done. And I'm achieving nothing by typing this so I'll post at you guys later!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment